User Experience (UX) Designer
Seequent (makers of Leapfrog and Geosoft) is a world leader in the development of geoscience software that excels at processing, modelling and visualising 3D data. Our solutions enable people to understand and uncover valuable insights from geological data, then communicate those insights to stakeholders to help make better decisions about their geological challenges.
Our company was born in NZ, and after experiencing massive growth over the last few years, we now have people working from 17 countries across 5 continents. We have enterprise solutions for the Civil, Environmental, Geothermal, Energy, and Mining industries. Our primary software development centres are in New Zealand (head office), and Canada. We also have offices in Australia, South Africa, Chile, Brazil, Peru, Russia, the UK, and the USA.
The Role + Opportunity
Reporting to the Director of Customer Experience, you will work closely with the rest of the Customer Experience Team, Brand and Design, Platform Services, R&D and the wider business to deliver a range of initiatives. You will be able to blend critical thinking, data-driven analysis and a creative approach to solution design. In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Design and test the workflow solutions of applications, platform and web-assets from initial prototypes through to launch
- Analyse, design and test the usability of existing and emerging products, contributing to and developing an integration library
- Help inform and implement a comprehensive and cohesive ‘visual language’ across Seequent’s cloud product range and user-facing systems.
To be successful you will be a creative thinker, organised and great communicator with the ability to relate to different groups within the organisation. In addition, you will have:
- 3-5 years of experience demonstrating a track record designing digital products and services across mobile, responsive web, desktop and beyond;
- BA in a relevant design or related field/equivalent practical experience;
- Understanding of how interactions span multiple devices is key;
- Experience in Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD)
- Jira and Confluence experience a plus;
- Experience with Sketch and Invision/Marvel, exposure to 3D modelling software a plus.
You will be joining a highly skilled, highly productive team of technical experts who are passionate about what we do. We are a friendly, intelligent and supportive bunch and are looking forward to you bringing your expertise to the team. Our wider team is geographically diverse and from multi-disciplines, so you even though you will be Christchurch based you will have opportunities to work with colleagues from across the globe.
If you join the Seequent family you will enjoy a fast paced and dynamic environment, exciting challenges and a variety of tasks. You will also have access to ongoing professional development opportunities, medical insurance, an onsite gym/showers, fresh fruit, real coffee and regular morning teas.
So, if you want to help us continue our growth and success while having the opportunity to exercise your passion and expertise, then we would love to hear from you.